Pictures show inside of 'dirty' Northampton chicken shop slated in food hygiene inspection

Take a look at what food hygiene inspectors found inside a Northampton chicken shop during an inspection earlier this year.

Friday, 13th September 2019, 10:31 am
Freddy's Chicken on Weedon Road, Northampton. Photo: Google

Freddy's Chicken on Weedon Road was given a one out of five by Northampton Borough Council after an inspection in February. Management claim improvements have been made and they are confident of being rated higher when they are next inspected. Read the full story here.

The inside of the microwave was found to be dirty at the time of the inspection.
The inside of the microwave was found to be dirty at the time of the inspection.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The inside of the microwave was found to be dirty at the time of the inspection.
The dough mixer was found to be dirty at the time of the inspection.
The dough mixer was found to be dirty at the time of the inspection.
The area where the waste fat is kept in the rear garage area was found to be very dirty with fat splashed on the floor, wall and roller-shutter doors, which could attract pests, according to the inspectors.
The end of the work area next to the salad well was found to be dirty and requires cleaning and may also need repainting to leave a smooth impervious surface, the report says.
The can opener was found to be dirty at the time of the inspection.
The inside of the walk-in chiller was found to be dirty at the time of the inspection.
A gap under the rear door was not considered 'pest-proof' and should be fixed, inspectors urged.
Hand contact points, especially the handles to the upright refrigerator and the walk-in chiller, were found to be dirty at the time of the inspection.
The plastic wrapping on the floor of the walk-in freezer and the shelving to the rear of the premises were difficult to clean in their current condition, inspectors claimed.
Pests which could be attracted by the waste behind the shop, inspectors commented.
There was an excessive accumulation of refuse and waste on the floor in the rear street where the bins are located, according to inspectors