Firefighters using breathing apparatus rescued a man from a blazing upstairs flat in Daventry on Tuesday (May 10).
A Northamptonshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesman confirmed: “On arrival at the scene, crews from Daventry and Towcester found smoke billowing from a first floor flat.
“A man was helped out of the property via the first-floor window using a triple extension ladder and was left in the care of East Midlands Ambulance Service.
“Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished flames while crews also searched adjacent properties for fire spread.”
Witnesses say the man rescued appeared to be unhurt but was taken to hospital as a precaution.
Investigations are under way in an attempt to identify the source of the fire.