Firefighters battle to put blaze out in Northampton

It took just under an hour to put the fire out

Friday, 9th April 2021, 12:57 pm

Firefighters from The Mounts were called to reports of a van on fire this morning in Northampton (April 9).

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The fire happened at around 8.22am on Horsley Road. Firefighters, upon arrival, used a hose reel to extinguish the fire, which was in the engine compartment of the van.

Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service confirmed that the cause of the fire was believed to be due to an 'electrical fault'. Crews left the scene at 9.06am.

Firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the van fire.