'You're dead meat': Kettering man jailed for campaign of frightening threats to ex-partner over messenger

"I've got my gun, I'll end you all, let's play. I'll make you lose everything, today is the day. You're dead meat."

Tuesday, 6th April 2021, 5:15 pm
Updated Wednesday, 7th April 2021, 11:46 am
A Northamptonshire man who sent hundreds of threatening texts to his former partner has been jailed.

A Northamptonshire man who sent more than 100 messages threatening to kill his ex-partner and her family has been jailed.

Tristan Treasure, formerly of Kettering, barraged his former girlfriend with frightening texts over a three day campaign in February this year.

The string of unhinged messages, which the 34-year-old also sent to the woman's mother, threatened her and her family and suggested he had a firearm and was prepared to shoot her.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Others sent to her mother also described what she was doing and commented when police arrived at her address, which demonstrated he was her house at the time.

At Northampton Crown Court yesterday (April 6), prosecutor Leanne Summers read some of the texts to the judge.

One read; "Keep ignoring me and you better hide... Remember I warned you. You will lose everything.

"I've got my gun, I'll end you all, let's play. Watch me clear your grove with two shots. I'll make you lose everything, today is the day. You're dead meat."

In court, Treasure's victim took the stand to tell her former partner how his frightening actions had hurt her and her family, and how she was now preparing to move out of Northamptonshire over the ordeal.

Her statement included: "I was so fearful of what might happen. I was terrified as I didn't know what was going to come next."

Ms Summers said: "These messages were of a very frightening nature. [The victim's] mother received over 100 messages that were threatening and abusive and made it clear the defendant was watching her house."

The court heard how Treasure, now of Stonleigh Road, Birmingham, was arrested on February 11 and later pleaded guilty to two counts of harrassment while causing fear of violence. He was jailed for two years and six months.