Gary Numan declares Alt–Fest in Northamptonshire has been cancelled

Gary Numan, Leamington Spa, December 2011. Photo by David Jackson ENGNNL00120111216115031
Gary Numan, Leamington Spa, December 2011. Photo by David Jackson ENGNNL00120111216115031

Rock star Gary Numan has become the latest headline act to announce Alt-Fest has been cancelled - though festival goers are still awaiting a statement from its organisers.

The huge gathering of Gothic, steampunk and industrial rock music was due to be held at Boughton House in Kettering between August 15 and 17.

But yesterday cult hero Gary Numan, best known for hits such as 1979’s Cars, told his 30,000 Twitter followers the festival had been cancelled.

He said: “Sad to say Alt-Fest is cancelled & fans should be able to get refunds from points of purchase. That’s all we know right now. GN.”

Rumours began circulating online that the festival had been cancelled on Tuesday, although there has yet been any official confirmation from organisers.

Mr Numan’s claim that fans should be able to get refunds at ‘points of purchase’ is yet to be officially verified.

The iconic performer adds joins fellow main stage headliner Marilyn Manson to announce to his fans the festival would not be going ahead.

On Wednesday the organisers of Alt-Fest Missy and Dominic Void posted a short message on the official festival Facebook page, stating: “We at Alt-Fest would like to sincerely apologise for our silence over the last 24-hours.

“Currently we are working all hours to deal with some extremely challenging and stressful issues for Alt-Fest.

“We will be able to provide an official statement with full information before Monday and answer any questions you may have at that time.”