SATURDAY COMBINATION: Seaton double seals points for Blisworth

RIDING THE CHALLENGE - action from Moulton Reserves' 3-2 defeat to Corby Locomotive (Pictures: Dave Ikin)
RIDING THE CHALLENGE - action from Moulton Reserves' 3-2 defeat to Corby Locomotive (Pictures: Dave Ikin)

Andy Seaton scored twice and those goals proved the difference as James King Blisworth beat Corby S&L Khalsa in the Duston Garage Premier Division.

Also on target for the villagers were Ross Arundell and Andy Lovesy.

Drayton Grange secured a 2-2 draw with Clipston thanks to efforts from Adam Cox and Leigh Roberts, while Harpole proved too strong for Earls Barton United and secured a 3-0 win.

Heyford saw off Stanion United by the same score, but Milton huffed and puffed their way to a 0-0 draw with Kettering Nomads.

Unbeaten Weldon thrashed Ringstead Rangers 7-0, while Roade sneaked past Moulton 3-2 thanks to two goals from Darren Inns and one from Daniel Porter.

In Duston Garage Division One, Spratton’s hat-trick star was Daniel Crask as they eased to a 5-1 win over Finedon Volta. Also on target were Edward Still and Andrew Wimpress.

Wootton St George gained three valuable points and also got in some shooting practise as they buried Weedon 9-1.

Jamie Ellis and Michael Ryan both scored hat-tricks, while there were two for Joe Titmuss and one for Ellis Stockport. Weedon replied through Reece Quinn.

In Duston Garage Division Two, Roade Reserves moved themselves up the table after a well earned 5-0 win over Higham Town.

Roade goals came from Alistair Foote (2), Joe Malkin, Dane Salmon and Kieran Wickens.

Ninth-placed James King Blisworth Reserves held second-placed West Haddon Reserves to a 1-1 draw.

Blisworth’s goal was scored by Sam Anderson, and it was cancelled out by Haddon’s Mark Cadman.

Kettering Park Rovers hosted Wellingborough Aztecs but it was the visitors who took the spoils 2-1, and Moulton Reserves couldn’t make home advantage count as they just lost out to Corby Locos 3-2.

Northampton Spartak inflicted a 3-1 defeat over Desborough & Rothwell United, who suffered their first loss of the season.

Woodford Wolves recorded their first win of the season with a 3-2 victory over Bugbrooke St Michaels A. On the mark for Woodford were John Handley, Charlie Pyle and Paul Spicker.

Bugbrooke hit back through Dan Ashwell and Shaun Daly.

Weldon took on Kislingbury and had high hopes after a run of good form. 

A tight first half ended 0-0 with Weldon dominating possession.

The second half started poorly and Weldon conceded early on, but they hit back with a miss-hit cross for the equaliser. 

An error gifted Kislingbury another goal but Weldon fought to the end and won a penalty in the last minute which Anthony McLear converted to secure a 2-2 draw.

On target for Kisl was James Lewis, who scored twice.