Northants Sunday Combination round-up: Cook’s hat-trick can’t save Pioneers from cup exit

Lee Cook scored a hat-trick, but still ended up on the losing side as AFC Pioneers were beaten 5-3 by Woodford United in the Captains League Cup.

Woodford’s match winners were Thomas Davies (2), James Wallington (2) and Ben Walker.

The cold weather put paid to much of the Sunday Combination programme, but there was action in 
the NTFA Plester Shield, where Zedi United 
were comfortable 8-0 winners over Thorplands Club 81 A.

On the mark for United were Ross Fontella, Dan Martin, Luke Pankewycz (2), Don Harris, Nick Pankewycz, Jack Kirton and Andrew Duffy,

Byron O’Regan scored a hat-trick to inspire AFC Thorpe to a 4-1 win at Northampton Hotspur.

Ricky Matthews added the fourth, with Hotspur’s reply coming from Mike Thornley.

Another man in the goals was Butcher Loco’s Chris Agnew.

He scored three times and Ben Spick once as Loco eased past Brafield United 4-1, Ricky Roberts netting for the losers.

In the Ken Parker Cup there was a goal-fest in the match between Thorplands Club 81 and Locomotiv Moulton. The pair shared 10 goals, with Moulton scoring seven of them.

Chris Mann was their main man as he it the net five times, while there was one apiece for Kyle Daniels and Luke Wilson.

On target for Thorplands were Jake Bradbury, with two, and Henry Bradbury.

Most of the league programme was decimated by the Sunday morning cold snap, but one game did take place in division four.

Yusen Logistics were certainly glad they got their game on as they saw off Abington Stanley 4-3.

Yusen’s scorers were Dishpan Dalai, Lukas Sidlovsky, Ashley Meeks and Bart Kewalik, with Russell Petts, Tomasz Swiergul and Ben Hawkins scoring for Stanley.

There was also action in the Veterans League A Division, with Harpole edging to a 3-2 win at Weedon.

Jamie Clift scored twice for Weedon, while the goal stars for Harpole were Shane Geary, Neil Davies and Neil Westland.

In the NTFA Veterans Cup, Barry Mead and Les Watson were the men on the mark for Road To Morocco as they squeezed past Corby Eagles 2-1.