UCL round-up: Sileby’s survival hopes take a blow as Star hit back

Bugbrooke take on Thrapston at Chancery Lane (pictures: Alison Bagley)
Bugbrooke take on Thrapston at Chancery Lane (pictures: Alison Bagley)

Peterborough Northern Star’s late fightback left Sileby Rangers anchored in the UCL Premier Division relegation zone.

Sileby looked set for three important points when Mark Forbes put them into a 12th-minute lead.

Just a quarter of an hour remained when Jordan Macleod levelled for the visitors.

Worse was to come for Rangers five minutes from time when James Hill-Seekings struck to give Star all three points.

Cogenhoe United again suffered a defeat on their bogey ground as they were beaten 1-0 at Boston Town.

Recent recruit Jamie Elston scored the vital goal for Boston in the final minute of the first half to give the Poachers a third win in their last four games.

A stoppage-time goal gave Eynesbury Rovers a 3-2 win over bottom-markers Long Buckby.

Top scorer Lee Bassett put Eynesbury ahead a minute before the half hour mark.

Jordan Nicholson added a Rovers second four minutes before the interval.

Buckby assistant boss Stefan Jones replied after 70 and 85 minutes.

Youngster Rhys Thorpe scored the winner for Eynesbury a minute into time added.

In division one, Woodford United suffered a 4-1 defeat at Burton Park Wanderers.

The victory lifted Burton out of the re-election zone.

Curtis Taylor-Jacob’s goal on the quarter hour had Burton in front at the interval.

Woodford levelled nine minutes into the second half with a Paul Beevor penalty.

There was no stopping Burton after Wayne Brown restored their lead after 68 minutes.

The home lead was extended by Josh Bamsey ten minutes later.

Skipper Mick Tolton completed the scoring five minutes from the end.

Two second-half goals saw Olney end their four-match losing run with a 2-1 victory over Blackstones.

Struggling visitors Stones took a 10th-minute lead through Kieran Hart.

Olney turned the contest round in the second period.

Ben Cole levelled in the first minute of the second half with Danny Webb scoring the Nurserymen winner five minutes later.

Tom Caton earned Bugbrooke a point in a 1-1 draw at Thrapston.

Thrapston took a fourth-minute lead through Jack Wisniewski.

Caton levelled for the Badgers a minute before half-time.