UCL ROUND-UP: Foster doubles up as Sileby go eight points clear

GETTING HIS SHOT AWAY - action from Sileby Rangers' 3-1 win at Rothwell Corinthians (Picture: Tony Waugh)
GETTING HIS SHOT AWAY - action from Sileby Rangers' 3-1 win at Rothwell Corinthians (Picture: Tony Waugh)

Sileby Rangers maintained their push for the UCL division one title as they enjoyed a 3-1 win at Rothwell Corinthians.

Rob Foster scored twice and Mark Redding once as Sileby opened up a 3-0 half-time lead.

Marvin Hill replied in the second half for Rothwell, but it was no more than a consolation.

With Oadby and Rushden & Diamonds both not playing, Sileby are now eight points clear, with Eynesbury having gone second after they beat Thrapston 4-1.

Spencer stay seventh in the table after they enjoyed another win, travelling to see off Potton 2-0.

On the mark for the Millers were Jack Bartley and Ryan Dove.

Elsewhere, Bourne completed a double over Raunds with a 2-1 Abbey Lawn success, Mike Feeley and Andy Moss on target for the Wakes either side of an Alex Wills Shopmates reply.

Rushden & Higham were 4-1 home winners over Wootton Blue Cross with a Daryl Lawman double and one apiece from Craig Harrower and Ben Lord, Charlie Standish the Blue Cross scorer.

The only draw in the division came at Buckingham where Olney were the visitors in a 1-1 stalemate.

Christian Smail gave the Nurserymen the lead early in the second half only for Kyle Stimpson to level for the Robins.

In the premier division, Cogenhoe United suffered a disappointing 2-1 home defeat against Newport Pagnell.

Pagnell were 2-0 up at the break thanks to goals from Richard Armstrong and Daren Dykes.

Lewis Leslie got one back for Andy Marks’ men in the second half, but they couldn’t find an equaliser.

The Cooks remain sixth in the table, but Pagnell are now seventh, just four points behind with five games in hand.

Elsewhere, Holbeach maintained their 14 point lead at the top with a 4-1 home win over Quorn.

Tommy Treacher’s early home opener was cancelled out by Liam Turner late in the first half but an Andy Tidswell brace early in the second period gave the Tigers a grip on proceedings with Craig Parker sealing the win late on.

St Ives kept up their challenge with a 4-2 victory at AFC Kempston.

Double strikes from Karl Gibbs and Dom Lawless made it seven games unbeaten for St Ives with Jordan Jarrold and Sam Holmes replying for the Walnut Boys.

Boston Town’s five match winning run was halted by a 3-3 home draw with Peterborough Northern Star.

An Ollie Pinner double had the Poachers in control at the break but two Nick Davey goals and one from Luke Hunnings put Star ahead until Jason Field levelled for Boston in the last minute.

Three of the relegation candidates earned some reward.

Stewarts & Lloyds surprised Deeping 2-1 at Outgang Road with goals from David Sheridan and Jamie O’Neill either side of a Lewis Stone reply for Rangers, while Wellingborough made it three successive wins by beating Sleaford 3-0 at the Dog & Duck with a Jason Taylor penalty opener at the end of the first half and Rob Parker and Todd Sawko efforts in the second. The Doughboys move ahead of Harborough who drop into the bottom two despite drawing 1-1 at home to Yaxley who took an early lead through Scott Carter only for Taras Petranyuk to level a few minutes later.