UCL ROUND-UP: Cooks too good for Pagnell

It was a good day for Cogenhoe United and Long Buckby as they both claimed wins in the Chromasport & Trophies UCL Premier Division.

Cogenhoe maintained their position in the top six as they overcame hosts Newport Pagnell 3-1 at Willen Road.

Darren Frost, Karl Bates and Perri Wells scored for the Cooks with Dave Baker replying for the Swans who had John Thorpe sent off.

Long Buckby were 2-0 home winners over next to bottom struggling Wellingborough thanks to first half goals from Mike Houghton and Louis Dupree.

Elsewhere, Holbeach moved three points clear at the top by beating Shepshed 3-1 at Carters Park. Andy Tidswell scored a first half hat trick for the Tigers to take his season’s tally to 20, with Sam Wood replying for Dynamo late in the game.

St Ives ended a poor home run with an 8-1 demolition of Harborough who were first on the scoresheet through Danny Wright.

Jimmy Dean levelled, Jon Stead gave the Saints the lead from the penalty spot and three goals in two minutes from Lee Ellison, Karl Gibbs and Robbie Harris ended the contest by the break. Stead, Gibbs, with his 20th of the season, and Harris added to the score after the break with the sending off of Craig Jacobs completing a miserable day for the Leicestershire side. Quorn lost their unbeaten away record going down 1-0 at Yaxley whose matchwinner was Luke Hipwell after 76 minutes.

Goals from Ash Stevens and Spencer Tinkler gave Deeping a 2-1 home win over Huntingdon who replied with a Jamie Graham spot kick, while

Two goals in the space of a minute just before the half hour from the Byrne brothers Kevin and Michael gave Desborough a 2-0 home win over Peterborough Northern Star.

Blackstones continued their climb with a 3-0 success at Stewarts & Lloyds with Danny Barker, Addie Staffieri and Tom Davies on the scoresheet. Sleaford picked up a vital 2-1 win over AFC Kempston at Eslaforde Park. Two first half goals from Liam Tunstall, the second a penalty, won the points for the home side with Josh Bamford replying for the Walnut Boys after the break.

In division one, leaders Sileby Rangers won 4-1 at Thrapston with a Jon Crockett hat trick and Rob Foster effort, Ryan Caller the home marksman.

Their two nearest challengers Eynesbury and Oadby met at Hall Road where a Sam Benjamin goal early in the second half gave the Leicestershire side a 1-0 verdict.

Bugbrooke edged past hosts Whitworth with a first minute Lee Wilson strike securing a 1-0 victory for the Badgers while Jack Bartley and Paul Pickering both hit hat tricks as Spencer romped home 7-1 at Rothwell Corinthians.

Shaun Morris scored for Corinths with Ashley Simpson the other Millers marksman.

ON Chenecks were beaten 1-0 at Harrowby.

Elsewhere, goals from Darren Farrar, Lewis O’Dell and Daryl Lawman in the last quarter of an hour gave Rushden & Higham a 3-2 win at Potton who had opened up a two goal lead through Graham Tibbals and Steve Thomas.

Olney blitzed Raunds 6-2 at East Street. Christian Smail netted two for the Nurserymen whose other scorers were James Fletcher, Shaun Winconek, Sam Parrish and Sam Marven, Ryan Howard and Karl King replying for the Shopmates. Buckingham won 3-1 at home to Wootton who replace them in the bottom two.

Two Kyle Stimpson goals and one from Demarlo Smith gave the Robins the points with Adam Jackson scoring the Blue Cross consolation. Basement side Burton Park drew 1-1 at home to Bourne, Jedd Whiteman’s first half Park Wanderers opener cancelled out by Tom Cardall after the break.

Spalding will be the league’s sole representatives in the FA Vase fourth round draw after their third Round trip to Sutton Town was postponed.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds exited 2-1 at Ashington with the Northern League side snatching a 90th minute winner after Chris Hope’s early own goal was cancelled out by Jake Newman late in the first half.

Boston Town were knocked out by Gornal for a second season running, a single goal early in the game taking the Midland Alliance side through to the last 32.