NENE SUNDAY LEAGUE: Dengel double steers Houghton into County Cup semi-finals

Houghton Magna are into the semi-finals of the NFA Sunday Cup after an excellent 4-1 win over Bretton North End.

Friday, 18th November 2016, 8:05 am
HEADS UP - action from Dallington Falcons' win over Squizzas (Pictures: Dave Ikin)

Sam Dengel led the way with a double, and there was one apiece for Raphael Brown and Matty Reeve.

In the national FA Sunday Cup, Harpole’s run came to an end as they lost 3-2 at home to OJM FC, despite the visitors playing much of the game with only 10 men. On target for Harpole were Gokhan Ulker and Tommy Waldock.

In the NTFA Chronicle & Echo Cup, Dallington Falcons enjoyed a 5-3 win over Combination outfit Squizzas FC thanks to two goals from Alexis Mbayo and other strikes by Aaron Higgs, Rhys Redding and Tyrone Dean.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

At Kingsthorpe Mill, Jameeah FC played host to Spring Park and lost 1-0 thanks to a last-minute goal from Carl White, and in another all-Nene Sunday League tie Northampton Sovereigns beat West Haddon Albion. On target were Adam Jackson, Dean McCaffery, Jon West and Mariusz Suszynski.

Oakley Diamonds and Northampton Sapphires drew 2-2, with Diamonds winning 4-2 on penalties. In the game, Ben Bridle and Sean Calcutt notched for Sapphires, with Marc Hall and Dan Bailey levelling it up.

White Elephant lost 4-3 to The District despite goals from Ashley Meeks (2) and Robert Faulkner, while Abington Stanley lost 5-1 to Spinney Hill (Tomasz Swiergul).

In the NFA Sunday Shield there was an all-Nene Sunday League affair, and Mill Park beat JA Global 4-2 thanks to goals from Reiss Mothersille, Anthony Paxman, James Sterling and Ashley Pancoust.

Replying for Global were Lawrence Bulliman with a penalty and Luke Chalmers.

In the Premier League, Queens Park maintained their 100 per cent record with a 3-0 win at AC Squirrels.

Lee McConnell gave the visitors a first half lead with a penalty and they scored twice more after the break with goals from Mark Faulkner and Fabian Brown.

Norteles remain in second place after a 3-3 draw at Welland Valley Panthers.

Josh Barby, Simon Barby and Alex Forward all scored for the Panthers, with Callum Norfolk, Sebastian Thompson and Jack Burns hitting back for Norteles.

In the basement battle it was Juventus Tigers who claimed their first win of the season with a 3-1 victory over AFC Brampton.

Vadim Smundeak gave the home side a first half lead and he then added another before Brampton pulled one back through Steve Gale.

However, Smundeak struck again to complete a hat-trick and to seal the win.

AFC Trinity continue to set the pace in the Championship with another win.

On this occasion they claimed a 3-1 victory over Wootton Field Wanderers thanks to a double from Kenneth Hawker and another goal from Steven Warner.

Ryan Moloney was the scorer for the Wootton side.

Abington FC returned to winning ways following successive defeats after a 7-4 home win over Grendon Sapphires.

Top scorer Calvin Budd led the way for Abington with four goals and he was joined by strikes from Thulane Khoza, Sam Lapite and Lewis Anderson for the home side.

Thomas Waplington, Lucian Stefuriac and two from Shaun Melville were the Sapphires scorers.

Halse United have made it back-to-back away wins following a 2-1 victory at AFC Obelisk.

Ollie Read and Josh Menday both found the back of the net for Halse, while Kevin Slinn was on target for AFC Obelisk.

After a bad start to the season, Gardeners Arms are now on a six-match unbeaten league and cup run, and their latest match saw them take a 5-0 win over Bat & Wickets.

Goalless at the break, the Arms took control with a hat-trick from Daniel Stewart and single strikes from Ash Stewart and Ryan Merrey.

Parklands Phoenix returned from Spartak FC with maximum points following a 2-1 victory.

Dan Scott gave Phoenix the lead with a header from a corner and then Alex Godbolt followed up a shot from Sam Abarak that hit the post to make it 2-0.

Sam Leighton pulled a goal back for Spartak, but it was not enough.

In League One, Hartwell Forest stay four points clear at the top after a comfortable 7-1 home win over Pitsford Rangers.

Marc Thorp hit another hat-trick for the Hartwell side with Karl Hoy, Joe Sames, Ben Carter and an own goal the other scorers. Liam Waddy netted for Pitsford.

Albany Athletic remain in second spot after a 3-0 win against Ashby Athletic.

Alex Hall gave Albany a first half lead with a close range finish and in the second half Benjamin Eldred and Ryan Hillery added to the scoreline to give Albany a clear victory.

Sixfields Rangers travelled to the Racecourse and returned with a 2-0 win over Swan & Helmet.

Murray White gave the Sixfields team an early lead with a goal from six yards out and the visitors doubled their advantage soon afterwards with a 25-yard drive from Jamie Allen.

Also at the Racecourse, Bat & Wickets Reserves took the lead against Spartak Reserves through Aaron Linnell, however Spartak fought back to win 4-1 with strikes from Dan Lynch, Aaron Crampton, Liam Harris and Toby Brand.

There was only one match played in League Two, and that saw Nomads of Barratts make it five wins on the bounce with a 7-2 victory against Sixfields Rangers Reserves.

Tom Bluck, Tim Clack and Andy Munday all hit doubles for the home side with Lewis Savage completing the scoring for the Nomads.

Leo Pinto and Billy Torpey were on the mark for the Sixfields team.