Street performers will be keeping people entertained in Northampton town centre on Saturday.
The event is the first of four Saturdays of events organised by the Northampton town centre BID.
The programme of events starts this Saturday, August 1, with indoor and outdoor performances for all the family from 11am to 3pm.
Visitors can see lightning-fast tap dancer Rebecca Rhythm, indie-folk and rock music, and the mysterious magician and mind-reader, Lord Illusion. There may even be a pirate or two wandering the streets.
Stages for the summer entertainment will be set up in the Grosvenor Centre, Market Walk, the St Giles Quarter, the Gold Street area, Abington Street and many other locations, inviting visitors to explore the area at their own pace and discover hidden corners of the town centre. All performances are free, and further sessions will run on August 15 and 29 and September 12.
Jessica D’Aulerio, Chair of Northampton Town Centre BID and owner of town centre print firm Tangerine Red said: “Our summer of entertainment will entice even more visitors into our town centre this summer and bring an added element of fun and vibrancy to the shopping experience. As a BID we are committed to attracting both new and loyal shoppers to our town centre and we look forward to entertaining families throughout the school holidays.”
Saturday’s line-up includes
- Spectacular tap-tacular tap dancing courtesy of Rebecca Rhythm
- Indie-folk from Karl and The Mark Brothers’ very own Matt McGuiness
- Spoken word and positive vibes by Moyo Kuno Music
- What a card! It’s Lord Illusion, magic and mayhem with a hint of mindreading, designed to leave you spellbound
- The expertly crafted tunes of rock duo Saturn Ascend
- The Vaudevillians
- Returning to paint the town red… green… blue and yellow! Juggler (and painter and decorator) Messy Moss
- The nautically notorious Pirate Captain Dan
- Lyra May and Melody Marshall, two comediennes guaranteed to give you a giggle!