Discarded cigarette catches fire to fence in busy Northampton street

Firefighters were called to a fire in Billing Road where a fence was alight.

Tuesday, 9th July 2019, 4:53 pm
Firefighters were called to Billing Road

Fire crews from Northampton received a 999 call just before 4pm yesterday (Monday) to Billing Road were a quantity of fence panels were on fire.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A spokesperson for Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was accidentally set alight by discarded cigarettes.

Firefighters were able to get the fire under control shortly afterwards.

Firefighters were called to Billing Road