Used needles have been reported outside of a Northampton school six days in a row.
Shocked parents reported discarded syringes to Northampton Borough Council when they were first seen near a residential car park outside the academy on March 15.
But after environmental services contractor Enterprise came by to dispose of the hazardous waste on Friday, parents contacted the Chronicle & Echo to say there was still a needle near the school.
It is unclear if Enterprise missed this needle or if it is a new one.
Jutta Costello, who has a daughter at Northampton International Academy, in Semilong, said: "It's scary. When I think of how kids like to kick through the grass when they play. How easy would it be for a needle to go through a pair of school shoes?"
Samantha Jane Allen, another parent, said: "We are having issues with needles and syringes left on the path and grass way where the kids go. I complained to the Northampton Borough Council on Wednesday (March 15). But when I went back it was still there. I think it's disgusting."
Northampton International Academy is an all-through school that teaches children aged between four to 17
Headmaster of Northampton International Academy Roger Whitt said: "Parents should contact the school on any occasion that they see such needles outside the school.
"We have never had any such needles on school grounds."
The borough council’s cabinet member for environment, Councillor Mike Hallam, said: “We want to thank the members of the public that quickly reported a number of discarded needles close to Northampton International Academy on Mill Road, at the end of last week.
"These were cleared from the site the same day (Friday 17 March) as needles and syringes on the street or in public places are treated as a priority.
“We encourage people to continue reporting such instances to us directly on 0300 330 700, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, or 01604 838 970 at any other time, stating where the items are and including a brief description.”