Volunteers from across the county received awards for the hard work from Northamptonshire Association of Youth Clubs.
The awards dinner was held at King’s Park Conference Centre earlier this month.
More than 150 people attended to celebrate the amazing work that has been carried out this year in youth groups throughout the county.
Richard Buckingham hosted the event and was assisted in the presentation of awards by Chief Constable Adrian Lee. Seven trophies were presented along with a number of Distinguished Service Awards and Emerging Leader Certificates.
The highlight of the evening was the presentation of an award to Janice Martins for 40 years’ service to Harpole Youth Club. The entire audience stood to give her a standing ovation.
Mr Buckingham pointed out the tireless service that is carried out by voluntary leaders every week in towns and villages, providing positive activities and safe places for young people to spend time having fun.
It was also a time to celebrate the young people themselves with City & Guilds certificates presented to a group of 15 to 17-year-olds who had completed the two year Emerging Leaders course.
Another winner on the night was Ollie Cartwright who won an award for Outstanding Achievement for overcoming many personal challenges that have inspired all those who have come into contact with him.
The Awards Night is also a popular due to the free three course Christmas dinner which is a thank you to all those who give of their time and energy throughout the year to serve young people.
The Main Awards were as follows:
* Volunteer of the year: Stephanie Tye Lilbourne
* Young Leader of the Year: Tyler Pearce Hub Youth Cafe
* Leader of the year: Lesley Dilkes Nether Heyford
* New Projects Pioneer: AHOF Alan Brett on behalf of the group
* Community Engagement: Abdul Hussain SSD
* Outstanding Contribution to Youth Work: Helen Sharp Bugbrooke
* Positive Participation: Aimee Ford-Young.
* Outstanding achievement: Ollie Cartwright Crick
Distinguished Service Awards:
* Kelly Mercer
* Abigail Jones
* Janice Thorpe
* Allan Macdonald
* 5th Northampton Girl’s Brigade Volunteers
* Rebecca Whiting
* Dianne Crew-Gee
* Janice Martins
* Ruth Furniss