New Northampton town centre suction cleaner and improvements to parks on the way
Northampton Borough Council is to invest almost Â£400,000 in capital projects aimed at making improvements in local communities.
The borough council’s capital programme lists smaller projects to be carried out across the town.
The projects will include:
- A new footpath from Berrywood Road into St Crispins Park
- Improvements to Lodge Farm Community Centre’s main hall and conversion of the barn
- Creating safe access through Southfield Park with a new foot path
- Additional play equipment for Southfields Recreation Ground
- The Borough Council has also used this pot of money to purchase a new suction cleaner for the town centre, which is already being used
Councillor Brandon Eldred, cabinet member for finance, at Northampton Borough Council, said: “Northampton Borough Council is committed to improving the quality of life of residents across the town.
"We are making major changes and creating growth through our Northampton Alive programme and these smaller projects funded through the capital programme make a visible difference to communities.”
The programme of improvement works is set to finish by the end of the year.