The Jessie J concert ‘is still going ahead as planned’ organisers of her Northampton Alive at Delapre show say, despite the artist cancelling tour dates due to a mystery illness.
Posts on her Twitter an Instagram feeds revealed the ‘Do it like a Dude’ singer had undergone an operation for an as-yet-unknown illness last week.
The 27-year-old judge on Australia’s version of The Voice posted pictures of herself recovering on a hospital bed, and shortly afterwards cancelled upcoming shows in Denmark, Bristol and Belgium as a result of ‘medical advice’, she revealed on Instagram.
Posts over the weekend have also revealed the singer was still suffering pain and was being administered morphine.
On Saturday she posted: “I have seen a lot of ‘how are you today?’ comments...
“How am I.... *Looks up sighs and has to be honest*.
“I am not ok... I am in a lot of pain.
“But I’m working on it with the doctors.
“We all have our moments and one of mine is now.
“Being human sucks when you are non stop and your body says NOPE not right now.
“Unexpected but I’m here trying my best to not let it win.”
But a spokesperson for Northampton Borough Council said the singer has not cancelled her Alive at Delapre show, which is set for the grounds of Delapre Abbey on Saturday, July 18.
The spokesperson said: “As far as we are aware, Jessie J’s concert at Alive at Delapre on Saturday 18 July is still going ahead as planned.
“We wish Jessie a speedy recovery from her operation and look forward to welcoming her to Northampton.”
Jessie J’s public relations company, Purple PR, gave no comment about either the star’s condition or whether she would be keeping her current tour commitments.