Firefighters put out flames at former Mickey’s Convenience Store in Northampton

Fire crews were called to a convenience store in Wellingborough Road today to put out flames in an electrical unit. Photograph by Mark Brookside. dGcl9lUvH8UO9tGn_yJ9
Fire crews were called to a convenience store in Wellingborough Road today to put out flames in an electrical unit. Photograph by Mark Brookside. dGcl9lUvH8UO9tGn_yJ9

Firefighters were called to the former Mickey’s Convenience store on Wellingborough Road this afternoon to put out an electrical fire in the shop.

Two fire trucks were scrambled to the store, now called Northampton Convenience Store at 12.10pm today.

Ten firefighters put out the flames and made the scene safe, leaving at around 2pm.

A spokesperson for Northamptonshire Fire and rescue Service said the fire started in an ‘electrical consumer unit’.