Three fire engines and an ambulance have been called out to deal with a house fire in Northampton.
Emergency services were called out to Rothersthorpe Road in Far Cotton, Northampton, shortly after midday.
A police spokesman said officers were called ut to a terraced property following reports of smoke coming from the rear of the property and the chimney.
A fire in the living room of the house has now been extinguished by firefighters, however Rothersthorpe Road remains closed in both directions.
The police spokesman was not able to provide any details at this time about whether anyone was inside the property at the time of the fire.
Parents of children at Delapre Primary School are being advised the road is likely to be closed until after the school closes. Access to the school via the alleyway next to the Co-op is still open.