Bungalow in Northampton damaged after flames burst through roof

A bungalow has been left badly damaged after a fire broke out in Northampton this lunchtime.

Wednesday, 26th April 2017, 12:21 pm
Updated Tuesday, 9th May 2017, 6:35 pm
The aftermath of the incident

The incident in Gorse Close, off Birch Barn Way in Whitehills, started at around 11.30am in a semi-detached bungalow.

Two men working nearby noticed smoke coming from the property and called the fire service before checking around the building to see if anyone was inside. Eyewitnesses said they checked around the bungalow to see if anyone was inside. They said the windows were smashing because of the heat and that no one appeared to be in.

People living in the adjacent home fled with a baby in a pram and watched on.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The aftermath of the incident

Three fire engines were sent to deal with the blaze.

Witnesses said the smoke got progressively thicker before flames burst through the roof.

Smoke coming from the property
Smoke coming from the bungalow
The aftermath of the incident
Smoke coming from the property
Smoke coming from the bungalow