Festival organisers have announced Summer Sundae Weekender, which has been held in the Midlands for more than 10 years, will not take place next summer.
The three day festival, usually held in the grounds of De Montfort Hall in Leicester, will take a break following consultation with promoters, Concert Clinic.
However, there will be a series of outdoor events including music, comedy and family activities in the hall’s gardens over three weekends in July.
Rob Challice, director at Concert Clinic, said: “There’s no denying last year was a difficult year for independent festivals.
“This wasn’t an easy decision for us, but we think it’s the right time to take a year off.
“We need the time to look at different models and fresh ideas to bring Summer Sundae back for 2014 and beyond.”
In recent years acts including Public Image Limited, Ocean Colour Scene, Katy B and Example have played at the festival which also provides a stage for up and coming bands from across the region.
Antony Flint, general manager at De Montfort Hall, said: “We are planning a fantastic programme of outdoor events as part of our centenary celebrations in July.
“People can look forward to outdoor theatre, comedy, children’s events, lots of live music and a spectacular performance to mark our 100th birthday on July 20.
“We think that it’s a good idea to take a break from Summer Sundae next year. It’s something many popular festivals do and return stronger and fresher than ever.”