UCL ROUND-UP: Entwistle leaves it late to salvage point for batttling Buckby

OUTNUMBERED - action from the reserve division two clash between ON Chenecks and Woodford United. Chenecks edged the match 1-0 (Pictures: Dave Ikin)

OUTNUMBERED - action from the reserve division two clash between ON Chenecks and Woodford United. Chenecks edged the match 1-0 (Pictures: Dave Ikin)

Long Buckby produced a fantastic fightback to claim a share of the spoils in their premier division clash at Shepshed Dynamo.

Things were looking grim for Scott Goodwin’s side as they trailed 3-0 at the half-time interval, and this against a side that had won the previous encounter at Station Road 5-0.

Lewis Entwistle had pulled one back, but Bucks were still trailing 3-1 as the game entered stoppage time.

Mike Houghton scored a free-kick to make it 3-2, before Entwistle amazing snatched a leveller with just seconds remaining.

Elsewhere in the premier division, Harborough moved out of the drop zone with a stunning 4-0 success at Boston Town who had been unbeaten in their previous six games.

Wellingborough find themselves back in the bottom two after their three-match winning run ended with a 1-0 reverse at Quorn.

Irchester remain entrenched at the foot of the table after a 3-1 reverse at Blackstones while Huntingdon blitzed AFC Kempston 5-1 at Jubilee Park.

A win remains elusive for Peterborough Northern Star who drew 1-1 at Newport Pagnell. Billy Smith gave Star the lead from the penalty spot but Keith Williams levelled late on for the ten man Swans.

Cogenhoe United’s dreams of winning the UCL KO Cup are over after they slipped to a 3-1 defeat at Spalding United in their last-16 clash.

Former Northampton Town loan men Tony Battersby and Lee Canoville were among the scorers for the Tulips, with Ben Foster replying for the Cooks.

In division one, leaders Sileby Rangers made it 13 wins in succession but found lowly visitors Buckingham a tough nut to crack at Fernie Fields until Michael Byrne poached a late winner in a 1-0 success.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds moved back up to second place with a 4-0 derby victory at bottom club Burton Park. Jake Newman and three goal Alfie Taylor were on target for Diamonds.

Harrowby were involved in their first draw of the campaign, a goalless stalemate with visiting Olney.

Bugbrooke found their goal touch with a 5-2 romp at Wootton Blue Cross.

Jamie Jollands hit a hat trick for the Badgers whose tally was completed by Richard Pannell and Will Briscoe, Courtney Boughton and Xennon Paul replying for Blue Cross in a match which finished with both sides down to 10 men.

Raunds were 3-1 derby winners at Thrapston with two Alex Wills goals and one from Charlie Fowler, Callum Noble the home marksman.

Potton and Bourne drew 3-3 at The Hollow with the Wakes taking the lead three times through Tom Caldicott, John Currall and Aaron Jesson only for the Royals to reply on each occasion through Gary Ansell-Carter, Steve Muggridge and Steve Thomas.

The matches involving Spencer and ON Chenecks were postponed due to waterlogged pitches.




Back to the top of the page