Firefighters were called to a blaze at a barn in Northamptonshire at the weekend.
Fire crews and police attended the bar fire at a farm in Chase Park Road in Yardley Hastings.
Officers are investigating to establish the cause of the fire which happened sometime between 4 and 4.30pm on Saturday (August 15).
Northamptonshire Police have urged farms to consider the following advice to protect their farms:
• Ensure hay is fully cured before baling.
• Bale and store each bale type at the correct moisture level.
• Store hay in a number of different locations around your farm, away from key assets. Limit the size of stacks to reduce the risk of losing all of your hay.
• Do not store vehicles, machinery and equipment in your hayshed.
• Be careful when operating vehicles, machinery and equipment near your haystacks.
• Create and maintain breaks around your haystacks.
• Regularly monitor stored hay for signs of heating.
• It only takes one heating hay bale to ignite a whole haystack.
Anyone with any information can call Northamptonshire Police on 101. Alternatively, they can call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.