Two men treated by parademics after blaze at pub in village near Northamptonshire border

Pictrures: Bucks Fire and Rescue Service
Pictrures: Bucks Fire and Rescue Service

Fire crews tackled a blaze at a three-storey hotel and pub in a village on the Northamptonshire border on Sunday.

The fire in the courtyard at the Bull Inn in Market Place, Olney, broke out at 1.10pm, a spokesman for Bucks Fire and Rescue Service said.

Pictrures: Bucks Fire and Rescue Service

Pictrures: Bucks Fire and Rescue Service

“One appliance and crew from Newport Pagnell, two from Broughton, two from Great Holm, one from Bletchley and one from Bedfordshire attended, along with the Incident Command Unit from Aylesbury and three officers,” he said.

“Firefighters used a main jet, three hose reels, six sets of breathing apparatus, a turntable ladder, a 10.5-metre ladder and a PPV (positive pressure ventilation) fan,” he added.

“Paramedics treated two men who were suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke,” the spokesman said.