A Northampton man who bombarded his ex-girlfriend with hundreds of text messages and phone calls has been given a suspended jail sentence.
Jason Larter, aged 48, appeared at Northampton Crown Court for sentencing after he admitted a charge of harassment between June 16 and July 23 last year.
The court heard Larter sent a stream of “sexually violent” text messages sent from 11 different phone numbers.
Jonathan Dunne, prosecuting, said: “He said he was going to rape her and said he knew where to buy a gun.
“The text messages just didn’t stop. There were hundreds of the messages.”
Maxine Krone, mitigating, said her client had suffered a serious brain injury and it had made him act “impulsively.”
His Honour Judge Rupert Mayo said Larter had “bombarded” the woman with messages and had committed a serious offence.
However, he said he was going to suspend the prison sentence as Larter has been in custody since February and the fact he had accepted his actions had caused problems for the victim.
Larter was sentenced to 18 months in prison, suspended for 18 months. He must also complete a 30-day rehabilitation order.