A fun day set up by friends will take place to support a couple whose Northampton house was gutted by a fire.
Dozens of police and firefighters were called out to Saxon Street on Monday after a fire broke out in a garden, spreading next door and setting two semi-detached homes ablaze.
The owners of one of the houses, Trevor and Jane Jones, lost all their possessions and are effectively homeless because of the extent of the damage.
People who know the couple from the Broadmead Pub in Broadmead Avenue, Abington, said they deserve support because of their years of treasured friendship.
Tanith Downes said: “Trevor and Jane are lovely people who need our help and we want to help get them back on their feet.
“Trevor, who we call ‘Jonah’, is one in a million with a heart of gold. He is the first to help anyone and we would like to return that favour back to him.”
The fun day is set for October 31 at The Broadmead Pub, Broadmead Avenue, Northampton.
From 2pm to 6pm there will be a children’s Halloween Fancy Dress disco, a raffle and bushtucker trial where people have to either take a nomination or make a donation.
Then, from 7pm until midnight, there will be an adults-only Halloween Disco, with optional fancy dress.
Tickets will be sold for £10 and all proceeds will go to the family.
Generous people have already offered the Jones’s storage space for furniture until they find a permanent home, as well as prizes, entertainment and fireworks for the fun day.
The organisers have appealed for donations or help with a DJ/disco, a bouncy castle, a rodeo bull, raffle prizes, buffet food, BBQ food, BBQ hire or Halloween decorations.
For more information call Tanith on 07738052466 or Marie on 07961002066.