Faulty smoke detector unable to warn residents of Northampton house fire

editorial image
1
Have your say

Fire crews were called to a blaze in the kitchen of a Northampton house.

The fire was caused by a cooker in a two-storey terraced home in Byron Street, Kingsley at about 8.30pm on Monday.

Firefighters used breathing apparatus, a thermal imaging camera to successfully fight the fire.

Although they found there was a smoke detector fitted, it was unable to warn the occupants because it was not in working order.

The house was left with a damaged cooker and kitchen cupboards, as well as smoke damage to both upstairs and downstairs.

OTHER STORIES FROM THE CHRON

BREAKING NEWS: LEGAL PROCEEDINGS LAUNCHED TO RECOVER UNPAID TAXES FROM NORTHAMPTON TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB

£7 MILLION PLAN TO WIDEN ROUNDABOUT ON MAJOR NORTHAMPTONSHIRE ROAD

WEATHER WARNING: MONTHS OF HEAVY SNOWFALL AS WORST WINTER IN 50 YEARS FORECAST

CORONER WARNS MUMS AND DADS AFTER NORTHAMPTONSHIRE GIRL AGED 11 WEEKS SUFFOCATED IN PARENTS’ BED

HARLEQUINS HOOKER WARD STUNG AS SAINTS FANS JUMP TO DEFENCE OF WOOD FOLLOWING TWITTER ATTACK