DCSIMG

Lit firework pushed through letterbox triggers fire that kills pet hamster

editorial image

editorial image

A hamster died of smoke inhalation after a lit firework was pushed through the letterbox of a Northamptonshire home triggering a fire.

Police were today are appealing for witnesses to the incident which happened on Tuesday,sometime between 6pm and 6.20pm in Gannet Lane, Wellingborough.

The lit firework resulted in the property catching fire and a pet hamster, which was in the house at the time, died as a result of the extensive smoke damage.

Anyone with information can call Northamptonshire Police on 101 - alternatively, information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page